The International Facility Management Association (IFMA) is the world's largest and most widely recognized international association for facility management professionals, supporting more than 24,000 members in 93 countries. The association's members, represented in 130 chapters and 17 industry councils worldwide, manage more than 37 billion square feet of property and annually purchase more than US $100 billion in products and services. Formed in 1980, IFMA certifies professionals in facility management, conducts research, provides educational programs and produces World Workplace, the world's largest facility management conference and exposition. To join and follow IFMA's social media outlets online, visit the association's LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter pages. For more information, visit the IFMA press room or www.ifma.org.
Vice President, Accounting
The role of the Vice President, Accounting is to provide strategic and tactical leadership, management and oversight of finances and reporting. This position manages Director of Accounting and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this position. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Compile, distribute and present IFMA’s consolidated financial information to the Board, Finance Committee and Audit Committee, Executive Team and other committees as needed. Includes communication of financial results and discussions for the health of the association.
- Liaison for Board, Finance Committee and Audit Committee which includes promoting healthy relationships.
- Manage investment relationships with brokers and oversee the liability risk management component of the organization.
- Prepare and communicate departmental reports as required by the Executive Team to ensure the department’s focus aligns with strategic goals.
- Drive the company’s financial planning/forecasting and ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations.
- Review contracts to minimize risk and financial exposure for the organization.
- Strategically review and guide process decisions for the department including oversight of the international offices.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies.
- Intricately work with the Director of Accounting on the annual forecast and budget processes.
- Ensure best practice efforts in all financial management and control-related practices.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Communicates with supervisor on issues or concerns from IFMA leaders and updates of projects.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A./B.B.A.) from 4-year college or university in accounting; 8 - 10 years financial and operational experience and 5 – 7 managerial years of experience.
- International experience preferred but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Internet navigation software, accounting software, and association management database software. Great Plains Experience is a plus.
- Above average organizational skills.
We value our employees’ time and efforts and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We also strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere so that each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Flexible work schedule
- 401K plan
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation, Sick and Floating Holidays
- Future growth opportunities and much more!
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
*Please note that IFMA’s recruiting and application processing is being performed through Insperity; therefore, you will be contacted by an Insperity Recruiting Specialist IF and when you are considered for this position.*
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.